Programs & Courses
Standard First Aid & CPR AED
Standard First Aid and CPR is a comprehensive offering first aid and (CPR) that will leave you feeling secure and confident to respond quickly and effectively to any . You will learn lifesaving skills needed to respond to a first aid and how to manage and injuries until the (EMS) / arrive at the scene. Skills covered in this include first aid; relief of choking in adults, children, and infants; and how to recognize and respond to sudden in adults, children, and infants.
Instructors use presentations and skills demonstrations to teach critical skills and provide hands-on practice sessions. receive coaching and feedback to facilitate their learning experience in a fun, engaging and dynamic environment. is offered via the The Academy of First Aid & Safety of Toronto.
First Aid with CPR & were developed in accordance with the recommendations from the International First Aid and Resuscitation and . This meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker and insurance boards (WSIB) and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. For those who have a duty to respond to first aid and because of work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home and in the community.
Method of Delivery:
- consist of an online component and in-classroom component.
- The component allows you to review difficult topics in community CPR, and ( ) at their own pace and improve their performance at the hands-on skill session and in real life emergencies.
- Upon completion of the skills session with a Red Cross in the classroom. & First aid portion, you must complete hands-on
- In-classroom means you are with a Red Cross for their entire learning experience.
- Instructors teach community CPR using presentations and skills demonstration.
- ‘s observe the , providing guidance and feedback to facilitate their learning experience in a fun and friendly environment.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Identify the most important action steps to effectively respond to a life-threatening
- Remove disposable gloves
- Demonstrate how to do a primary assessment following life-threatening conditions such as a difficulty , choking, severe bleeding and shock., stroke,
- Demonstrate turning the victim into the recovery position
- Describe and demonstrate how to help a conscious and an unconscious victim with an obstructed airway
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Identify early signs and symptom of a and stroke
- Describe and demonstrate how to control bleeding, bandaging and use of
- Recognize the sign and symptoms of shock
- Describe how to minimize the risk of shock
- Describe how high-quality improve survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Demonstrate high-quality CPR for an adult, and (pediatric CPR)
- Describe how to perform two-rescuer CPR
- Demonstrate how to give rescue breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an on an adult, and infant
- Describe the general for common injuries and illnesses of the muscle, joints and bones
- Provide first aid for common injuries and illnesses in the workplace
- List the general principals for providing to burn victims
- Describe and demonstrate the guidelines to follow when moving an injured person with
- Recognize medical emergencies such as seizures, diabetes and drug overdose
- Describe what precautions should be taken to prevent heat and cold related illnesses
- Identify the general principles of for poison-related emergencies
- First Aid & CPR (print and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Standard First Aid – (Blended Only)
- Blended Standard First Aid CPR & takes approximately 16 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing; 8 hours for & First aid portion and 8 hours for in-class component
- In-classroom Standard First Aid CPR & takes approximately 14 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing
- for Standard First Aid CPR & is approximately 7 hours teaching time in-class OR 4 hours online learning + 4 hours in-class for Blended.
*Online training time will vary depending on the learner.
Completion Card or
Upon of this , receive a Standard First Aid (digital ) and Standard First Aid and CPR card that is valid for 3 years.
- Standard First Aid CPR/AED level C
- Standard First Aid BLS level HCP
- Recertification Standard First Aid CPR/AED level C
- Recertification Standard First Aid BLS level HCP