PROGRAMS & COURSES
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
The (PALS) will teach you strategies to diagnose pediatric emergencies and provide advanced treatments. The materials are scenario-based and a team approach is used to teach management, from the early minutes through patient stabilization and/or transfer, in or out of the hospital.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation‘s delivers:
- Life-saving resuscitation science to provide a boost in patient outcomes
- Realistic simulations, high-quality animations, and
- Immersive learning experience so you will never forget what you have seen
Heart and Stroke’s program is geared towards who either participate in or manage resuscitation events for and children. This can include, but is not limited to, personnel working in , and such as , , nurses, , and . Become a skilled and comforting team member or lead a PALS team with this important training program.
The Heart & Stroke Foundation programs utilize BLS techniques with advanced knowledge to help you better handle resuscitation events for your pediatric . Through the use of the latest evidence-based design and content, it is now possible to deliver a high quality training program that fulfills cardiopulmonary resuscitation requirements for many .
Method of Delivery:
- Blended learning consist of an online component and in-classroom component.
- Some learners want to gain an understanding of important PALS concepts at their own pace before attending the a hands-on training with a Heart & Stroke Instructor in the classroom.
- The online portion of PALS blended online can be completed in 6 hours.
- In-classroom training courses means you are with a Heart & Stroke Instructor for their entire learning experience.
- The PALS Instructor-led teaches the using video presentations and skills practice.
- Instructor’s observe the students, providing guidance and feedback to facilitate their learning experience in a fun and friendly environment.
Upon completion of this the participant will be able to:
- Respond to a cardiovascular emergency using Primary, and Secondary
- Perform high-quality BLS skills with emphasis on effective chest compressions and early defibrillation.
- Be able to recognize and stabilize pediatric experiencing shock.
- Perform / Prevent
- Provide to a suffering a cardiac emergency
- Recognize and stabilize pediatric experiencing
- Be familiar with the PALS treatment algorithms and flowcharts so that you can apply them to clinical scenarios.
- Provide early management of with
- Evaluate your team’s use of CPR during a , monitor the patient’s physiologic response & provide real-time feedback for
Please ensure you order the following required student materials:
- PALS Provider Manual- RE6210E (print or eBook)
- 2020 Handbook of ECC for Healthcare Providers – RE0130E (print only)
It is advised that you read the textbook, in its entirety, prior to the course.
- Blended PALS Provider takes approximately 12 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing; 6 hours for online PALS Blended Online portion and 6 hours for in-class component
- In-classroom PALS Provider takes approximately 14 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing
- PALS Renewal is approximately 8 hours teaching time in-class
*Online training time will vary depending on the learner.
- A current Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS completion card
- BLS renewal can be done prior to the start of the
Completion Card or
Upon successful completion of this training, participants receive a that is valid for 2 years. PALS are eligible for continuing medical education (CME) credits.
- PALS Provider – Blended or Classroom-only
- PALS Provider Renewal