Programs & Courses
Our CPR training course offers cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) training that will help you recognize cardiac arrest, quickly get emergency personnel on the scene and provide help until the emergency medical services (EMS) arrive. Skills covered in this CPR course include relief of choking in adults, children, and infants; and how to recognize and respond to sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants.
Instructors use presentations and skills demonstrations to teach critical skills and provide hands-on practice sessions. Participants receive coaching and feedback to facilitate their learning experience in a fun, engaging and dynamic environment. CPR Classes are offered via the The Academy of First Aid & Safety of Toronto.
The CPR certification training courses were developed in accordance with the recommendations from the International First Aid and Resuscitation Guidelines. This course meets work requirements for Ontario/territorial worker safety and insurance boards (WSIB) and includes the latest CPR guidelines. For those caring for elderly, children and infants, such as family members, child care, babysitter, security guard and other personnel providing in-home care, who want basic CPR and AED training for workplace safety.
Method of Delivery:
- Blended learning classes consist of an online component and in-classroom component.
- The online component allows participants to review difficult topics in CPR, and AED at their own pace and improve their performance at the hands-on skill session and in real life emergency situation(s).
- Upon completion of the skills session with a Red Cross in the classroom. portion, you must complete hands-on
- In-classroom courses means participants are with a Red Cross Instructor for their entire learning experience.
- Instructors teach CPR and AED training using presentations and skills demonstration.
- Instructor’s observe the participants, providing guidance and feedback to facilitate their learning experience in a fun and friendly environment.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate how to help a conscious and an unconscious victim with an obstructed airway
- Recognize signs and symptoms of Heart Attack and Stroke
- Describe and demonstrate how to control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize the sign and symptoms of shock
- Describe how to minimize the risk of shock
- Describe how high quality CPR improves survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Student demonstrate high-quality CPR for an adult, child and infant
- Describe how to perform two-rescuer CPR
- Demonstrate how to give rescue breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult, child and infant
- CPR (print and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- CPR – Online (Blended learning course only)
- Blended CPR with AED Course takes approximately 6 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing; 2 hours for online portion and 4 hours for in-class component
- In-classroom CPR with AED Course takes approximately 5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing
- CPR Level C Recertification is 3.5 hours teaching time in-class OR 2 hours online learning + 2.5 hours in-class for Blended CPR.
*Online training time will vary depending on the learner.
Course Completion Card or
Upon successful completion of this course, students receive a CPR with AED certificate (digital certificate) and CPR with AED course completion card that is valid in Ontario for 3 years.
- CPR/AED level C
- Re-certification CPR/AED level C