Programs & Courses
Basic Life Support
( ) is designed to train (s) to recognize life-threatening emergencies, perform a primary assessment, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver ventilation and use of an (AEDs).
In the classroom, instructors provide interactive clinical scenarios and learning stations to prepare participants for real life and increase knowledge in . situation(s). The is designed to build to effectively perform high-quality
This is a requirement for healthcare , including , and dental . , which may include firefighters , paramedics, lifeguards and ski patrol .
Our courses were developed in accordance with the recommendations from the International First Aid and Guidelines. This meets requirements for provincial regulatory bodies and other colleges and includes the latest guidelines.
Method of Delivery:
- In-classroom courses means participants are with a Heart & Instructor for their entire learning experience.
- Our amazing instructor will teach you with using presentations and demonstration.
- Instructor’s observe the participants, providing guidance and feedback to facilitate their learning experience in a fun and friendly environment.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Remove disposable gloves
- Demonstrate how to do a rapid assessment following life-threatening conditions such as a , heart attack, , difficulty , choking, severe bleeding and shock.
- Describe and demonstrate how to help a conscious and an unconscious victim with an obstructed
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Describe how to perform effective and two-rescuer
- Demonstrate how to give using first aid equipment, e.g.: , bag-valve mask and mouth-to-mouth
- Demonstrate how to use an on an adult, child and infant
- Basic Life Support Provider Manual
- BLS Provider Course takes approximately 4 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing
- BLS recertification course takes approximately 2-4 hours to complete.
Course Completion Card or BLS Certification
Upon successful completion of this course, students receive a Basic Life Support certificate (digital certificate) valid for 1 year.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Level HCP