At ViviMed, we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We do not share personally identifiable member, customer, employee or contractor information under any circumstances except as mandated by law.
Acceptance of Terms
Terms of Service
Collection of Information
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what Websites or search terms referred you to our Website, and information about how you interact with this Website.
Additionally, there are two general categories of information we collect for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
- Information that is necessary for the use of the Services.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Services:
- Personal Information. When you register for a course(s) we require you to provide us with personal information (such as first name, last name, e-mail address, billing information and phone number).
- Payment Information. To complete registration into a course(s) we require you to provide certain financial information (like your paypal account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payment.
- Information you provide through our support channels. The Services also include customer support, where you may send any question regarding the Services. If you speak to one of our representatives directly, by email or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem and any other information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
- You may provide us with the following information:
- You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Services. This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
- We may ask for additional personal information when you provide feedback or comments, or otherwise communicate with us.
- From time to time, we may ask for personal information on other portions of the site, such as asking you to participate in other services.
Use and Disclosure of Information
ViviMed will not disclose any personally identifiable information about you to any third party without your approval, except ViviMed will use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, improve, and develop the Services, create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations.
- To create, improve, and develop our Services
- Enhance the user experience and give you access to our Services
- We may perform analytics and conduct research to improve our Services.
- Your information can be used to improve customer service when responding to your requests for assistance, technical support, and to repair and improve the Services.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information:
- Screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address)
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes and enforce our terms and conditions.
- For any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
- For advertising and marketing purposes.
- With your consent, we may send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your choice(s).
- Measure the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns
You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
ViviMed will utilize the provided information to validate your certification with the Red Cross or Heart & Stroke Foundation by uploading specific information into their database.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Security of Personal Information
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. ViviMed uses commercially acceptable means to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. You hereby acknowledge that the Internet is inherently not a secure medium of communications and that your communications may be subject to interception, tampering or loss which is beyond the control of ViviMed. You further acknowledge that the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and ViviMed through this Website cannot be guaranteed.
Retention of Information
ViviMed retains a copy of your information in compliance with the Red Cross. We also retain some of your information, which is anonymized, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve the Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
Deleting or Changing Personal Information
At your written request, ViviMed will: (a) provide reasonable access to your personally identifiable information that is in ViviMed’s records; and (b) use reasonable efforts to allow you to update or correct personally identifiable information which you state as incorrect to the extent that such information has been maintained by ViviMed and if so, that such updating or correction will not compromise ViviMed’s compliance with applicable law, contractual commitments and/or the privacy of other individuals. You acknowledge that it may be impossible to completely delete all of your information from ViviMed’s records without some residual information being maintained due to backups or other reasons.